The Mill is in Cwmbran and is one of the few surviving triple stone water mills left in the country Since at least 1632 there has been a working Mill on the site, although some academics believe that a mill existed here long before that. It developed into a 3 storey, 3 stoned working flour mill with overshot wheel until 1953, when it closed. For over 40 years after closure, the Mill had a chequered history of neglect, fire, vandalism and very few repairs.  Since the late nineties, with support from the present owners, Torfaen County Borough Council, a community group, The Friends of Llanyrafon Mill, set up in 1995 have  worked hard to  keep the building stable while interpreting its history with displays of artefacts and models. Hopefully these drawings which are based on the model may reflect what the mill was like, but if anyone has information about the mill or the machinery contained we would love to hear from you.

3d equip 1
3d equip 2
3d equip 3 3d equip 4
smutter 3 A
3d equip 5
3d equip 6

Click on the image to visit the Llanyrafon mill facebook page