One of England’s few remaining fully operational nineteenth-century windmills. A 6 storey tower mill built in 1809 and worked up till 20 April 1922 when it was damaged in a gale and not repaired until it was sold to its present owner Nigel Moon in 1995. The mill contains much hand built wooden machinery including a smutter and four pairs of stones, a Wegmann roller mill, two reels and a wire machine and has been modified so that it can still produce flour regardless of weather conditions
Now fully restored by Nigel it produces plain, strong white and wholemeal flour as well as bread and pastry flours, spelt and barley flours, ryemeal and oatmeal. Also available are middlings and bran for pigs, chickens and horses.