BuiltWithNOF

Oldland

Oldland Mill was built in 1703 and saw service for over two hundred years grinding wheat and grain for local communities. It was eventually abandoned in 1912 and by the 1980s it was derelict.  Only one pair of sweeps (the Sussex term for sails) remained, much of the cladding had either fallen off or was rotten, and the octagonal brick roundhouse was falling down.

Work commenced in 1980 at the mill site and since then it has been immaculately restored by a team of dedicated enthusiasts, finally producing flour in 2008.

The drawings below are based on a site survey of the buck June 2014 and are awaiting observations and comments  so may change

Click on the image with flags to connect to the Oldland web site